St. Flannan's National School


Go to content

History of Our School

About Our School

The first primary school in Inagh was located in the present Parish Hall and was built in 1803. This school was replaced in 1930 and operated as a 3 teacher school until 1974.
In that year Gortbofearna N.S. was amalgamated with Inagh N.S. and as a result the school then had 5 teachers.


In 1985 a new school was built on a farm acquired by the Inagh Group. This farm was developed further to include 2 rural housing organisation schemes and the GAA pitch.
The new school was named St. Flannanís N.S.
In 2002 a special classroom, Suaimhneas, was developed for children with Autism.


In the year 2009, the school was extended to include:
two new mainstream classrooms, two new ASD specially designed classrooms, occupational therapy room, multi-sensory room, large multi-purpose hall with removable stage and various administration rooms.
All classrooms were fitted with the latest technology including interactive whiteboards and computer suites.



Back to content | Back to main menu